How To Avoid Epoxy Resin Cloudy?
1. Reduce the purity of epoxy resin, such as adding other types of epoxy resin.
2. Use epoxy resin with low crystallization tendency or without crystallization.
3. Storage conditions: Storage temperature is higher than 40 degrees Celsius to prevent crystallization. Generally, the crystallization risk can be reduced if the temperature is higher than 25 C, but excessive temperature fluctuation should be avoided. For the requirement of humidity, the relative humidity should be less than 50%. At the same time, the sealing of packaging should be strictly required to avoid water absorption leading to crystallization.
The epoxy resin glue is crystallized. What should we do?
1. Water bath heating method:
When putting the epoxy resin in the water, isolating from the water, the water temperature of epoxy resin should be between 50 and 60 degrees centigrade, and the colloid should be agitated unidirectionally at the same time. To ensure that all crystals are completely melted, any tiny unmelted crystal can be used as a seed to initiate recrystallization in a few days.
Therefore, the mixing time should not be too short to ensure that the crystals on the wall and bottom of the container are all melt and the heat distribution is uniform. Mix uniformly until crystallization completely disappears before construction.
Note: The heated epoxy resin whiskers are cooled to room temperature, otherwise explosion will occur easily.
2. Heating equipment:
The epoxy resin glue is arranged in a circular shape with a 1 m wide area for discharge heating device in the middle. The outer part of the epoxy resin is enclosed with plastic cloth or strip cloth to form a closed space, which is heated continuously until the epoxy resin restores its initial state.
3. Solar lamp heating:
The epoxy resin is baked with a solar lamp, stirred while heated until the crystallization is completely melted, and the colloid can continue to be used after its initial state is restored.
4. Other reasonable heating measures can also solve the problem of crystallization of epoxy resin.
If the crystallization occurs again, it is heated again and the melting process is repeated. The melted epoxy resin can be remained for several hours at 50℃. The melted liquid epoxy resin can still be used, but it is not suitable for heating treatment when the curing agent has been added.