Epoxy resin can be said to account for a large proportion in coatings, making products with different characteristics and uses. Epoxy resin has excellent chemical resistance, especially alkali resistance. The adhesion of paint film is strong, especially in terms of the metal. Epoxy resin also has good heat resistance and electrical insulation, but we should pay attention to some details when painting, which can make the epoxy resin dry faster.
- Increase temperature: If its temperature increased by 10℃ from the terms of the theory, its curing speed can be doubled.
- Increase the amount of accelerant: For example, the more the accelerant is, the faster the curing will be.
- Change the type of accelerant: It's better to use a more active accelerant. But here we should pay attention to the higher activity, then its latency is poor. If it is a single component product, you can find a balance, and for the two component, you do not consider this.
- Curing agent dosage: It can be considered that changing the curing dose will change the structure of the cured product, which will also change the performance of the paint film or coating or products, and it must be considered clearly.
- Change the type of curing agent: This is also able to use a higher activity of curing agent, and the risk of this method is similar to 3 and 4 points. When using, we should pay attention to, and it is better to test in advance.
- Adding highly active ingredients, such as substituting o-cresol formaldehyde epoxy for bisphenol A type epoxy, which can also be said to have certain risks in use.
- Use high solid epoxy or powder epoxy to reduce solvent evaporation time.